sábado, 8 de marzo de 2014

Porting Qt 4 apps to Qt 5: an example with QAntenna

As a followup for my previous blog post, I decided to port QAntenna to Qt 5. Here's my experience.

First of all, I ran Qt 5's qmake:

qmake -qt5

Then I just ran make:

make

The first error that appeared was that QFileDialog does not has a setFilters() method. I couldn't find this on on the C++ API change page but looking at the class' documentation I found it was renamed to setSectionsMovable(). Fine, let's just change that and continue compiling.

The next errors came all from the same class QHeaderView. This time the changes are documented in the above linked page, so it was a matter to replace setMovable() with setSectionsMovable() and setResizeMode() with setSectionResizeMode(). Fixed, let's continue.

The following error turned out to be the last one: toAscii() has been deprecated in favor of toLatin1(). Once this was fixed voilá, QAntenna is running with Qt 5.

Easy, wasn't it?

I have just pushed the new version to Debian unstable.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario